GIVE ALOHA 2016 PROGRAM INFORMATION
FOR PARTICIPATING ORGANIZATIONS
Please read the following information before encouraging your supporters and members to support your organization through Give Aloha 2016. Participating organizations are responsible for communicating accurate and complete information to their donors about the donation process and how their donations will be matched.
- From September 1-30, donations to Give Aloha participating organizations will be accepted at checkout at all Foodland, Sack N Save and Foodland Farms stores statewide.
- Customers must use their Maika`i Card to make a donation, and can donate up to a cumulative total of $249 per person, per organization. Donations exceeding $249 per person, per organization will not be matched. Donations made without a Maika`i Card will not be matched. Individuals must use their own Maika`i Card to make a donation. Multiple donations on a Maika`i Card exceeding $249 for the same organization will not be matched.
- Customers who do not have a Maika`i account may establish one at checkout. Only one Maika`i account number is allowed per person.
- Foodland and the Western Union Foundation will match each donation up to a total of at least $300,000 for all organizations combined. If total customer donations exceed $300,000, the matching gift will be divided proportionately among all participating organizations (see Calculation of Matching Gifts).
- Please do not inform donors that their donation will be matched "dollar for dollar." Foodland and the Western Union Foundation will match a portion of their donation.
- Membership dues, fees, tuition, and other payments for which goods and services are received in return are not considered "donations." These payments will not be matched.
- Donations in the form of cash, check or credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and JTB) will be accepted. Donations must be made payable to Foodland, Sack N Save or Foodland Farms.
- The donation amount and name of the organization will appear on the customer's receipt.
- Donor names will not be released to organizations.
- Donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
- Foodland reserves the right to refuse participation of any non-profit organization.
Announcement and Distribution of Gifts
Total gifts to organizations will be announced by October 14. Checks to organizations will be mailed out by October 31, 2016. Note: checks will be made out to the organization's name as printed on the organization's IRS determination letter. Checks to sponsored organizations will be written and sent to their sponsoring organization.
Give Aloha Posters
Give Aloha posters encouraging customers to support their favorite Hawaii non-profit organizations will be displayed at stores during the month of September.
Participating Organization List
A flyer listing all Give Aloha participating organizations and their code numbers will be published and distributed at stores beginning September 1.
Give Aloha Daily Donation Banners
In-store banners announcing the program's daily donation total will be displayed at all stores to keep customers informed of the progress of Give Aloha and to maintain excitement about the program throughout September.
Participating organizations are invited to produce a banner to promote their organization's participation in Give Aloha. Banners will be hung in Foodland and Sack N Save stores throughout September. See Banner Application for details and instructions.
For More Information
If you have any questions, please contact Juliet Garcia at (808) 735-7388, Sheryl Toda at (808) 735-7318 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CALCULATION OF MATCHING GIFTS
Matching gifts will be calculated at the end of the program. Organizations will receive 100% of all customer donations given to their organization, plus their % of Foodland and the Western Union Foundation's $300,000 matching gift.
The portion of the matching gift that each organization will receive will be based on the total dollar amount of customer donations designated to that organization as a % of all customer donations received for all organizations. For example, if total combined customer donations for all participating organizations equal $1,000,000, and $10,000 (1% of total) in donations are designated for organization XYZ, then organization XYZ will receive 1% of $300,000, or $3,000 from Foodland and the Western Union Foundation's matching gift in addition to the $10,000 from customer donations. Total gift to organization XYZ = $13,000.